Snorkel with Whale Sharks in the ocean
The whale shark is the largest shark and the laregest fish because the Whale Shark, is in fact, NOT a whale. With a mouth that can be up to 4 feet wide, the whale shark is a filter feeder and sieves enormous amounts of plankton, krill, small fish, and squid to eat through its gills as it swims. It can process over 1500 gallons (6000 liters) of water each hour.
- Transportation from most hotels
- Continental breakfast
- Shark Swim (equipment included)
- Snorkel tour to Isla Che Reef (equipment included)
- Refreshments (water, beer, soda)
- Light lunch of sandwiches & fresh shrimp cocktail
- Reef Tax included
- GUARANTEE: You WILL SEE Whale Sharks or you will receive a 75% refund!
- It is also very common to also see sting rays, angel rays and sea turtles.
- Each person MUST know how to swim to go on this tour
- Minimum age: 5 years old to snorkel
- Not for pregnant women more than 3 months
- Each pair of snorkelers gets to go out with the Whale Sharks for 5-10 minutes at a time, until everyone gets a turn. Each person will have 2-3 turns
- Transportation is INCLUDED at no extra cost.
- Tour Time: 7:30am - 2pm daily from Puerto Juarez dock
It is 45-50 minute boat ride to where the Whale Sharks are located. If you want to go on the boat, but not snorkel, it is the same price per person.
2013 SEASON: May 15 - mid-September